SHORT OFFICIAL-ISH BIOGRAPHY
Jamie Michalak is a children's book author and editor. Her nearly forty books include the highly praised JOE AND SPARKY early readers series, illustrated by Frank Remkiewicz (Candlewick Press); and the forthcoming FRANK AND BEAN early reader, illustrated by Bob Kolar (Candlewick Press, 2019) and CRUMB'S TREASURE, illustrated by Kelly Murphy (Candlewick Press, 2021). Jamie is also the author of many movie and TV show adaptations.
When not writing, she can often be found singing off-key, drinking too much coffee, or hanging out with her two sons. Jamie was born in Springfield, Massachusetts and grew up in the same neighborhood that Dr. Seuss once lived in. She now resides with her family in Barrington, Rhode Island.
TEN OTHER LITTLE THINGS
1. I enjoy toast. I can eat toast until the cows come home.
2. I do not own cows.
3. But I do have two boys who drink a lot of milk. (Maybe I should own a cow.)
4. I've had many odd jobs, including dressing up as a large mouse at a mouse-themed restaurant.
5. The mouse costume was very big . . . and stinky. This was not my favorite job.
6. As a child, I often got into trouble for daydreaming. I still do.
7. My sister, Julie, gave me many ideas for JOE AND SPARKY GET NEW WHEELS. Julie was small with a big laugh. Every time I open the book, I hear her loud HAAA HA!
8. When I was young, I wanted to be Harriet the Spy. This did not go over well with my neighbors.
9. I work in my pajamas.
10. I love visiting schools and meeting super readers!